Thursday 7 July 2011

The joys of unpaid work

Although the title of this post sounds like its being sarcastic, it really isn't. This week I started working voluntarily in a computer class for old people at the Adur volunteer centre (where Amy works as a receptionist) and I found it one of the most rewarding things I've ever done! To be able to help people learn something from scratch is a really exciting prospect to me. This week I have been working on the later sessions of a course so those attending have been fairly up to scratch but next week the new intake come in and I will be there right from the beginning!

It sounds a bit pathetic how excited I'm getting but y'know, whatever gets you through the da :)
In short, no wage is not as shitty a wage as you might think!

No comments:

Post a Comment